Steinberg, S.J. and S.L. Steinberg. GIS—Geographical Information Systems for the Social Sciences: Investigating Space and Place. (Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications, 2006).
Please contribute to this dynamic annotated bibliography by adding your own reviews, comments, and observations about this work in the comment form below.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
2. GIS Basics
3. Topics for Sociospatial Research
4. Research Design
5. Qualitative Research Methods and GIS
6. GIS Data Collection and Development (Sources, Input, and Output)
8. Data Documentation and Model Development
9. Analysis, Interpretation, and Application
10. Future Opportunities for Social Research and GIS