Gregory, Ian N. and Paul S. Ell. Historical GIS: Technologies, Methodologies and Scholarship. (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2007).
Please contribute to this dynamic annotated bibliography by adding your own reviews, comments, and observations about this work in the comment form below.
Review by Jeremy Atack in The Economic History Review 62 (2009): 781-782.
Review by Peter K. Bol in International Journal of Humanities and Arts Computing 3 (2009): 206-210.
Table of Contents
List of Figures
List of Tables
1. GIS and Its Role in Historical Research: An Introduction
2. GIS: A Framework for Representing the Earth’s Surface
3. Building Historical GIS Databases
4. Basic Approaches to Handling Data in a Historical GIS
5. Using GIS to Visualize Historical Data
6. Time in Historical GIS Databases
7. Geographic Information Retrieval: Historical Geographic Information on the Internet and in Digital Libraries
8. GIS and Quantitative Spatial Analysis
9. From Techniques to Knowledge: Historical GIS in Practice