Gordon, Colin. Mapping Decline: St. Louis and the Fate of the American City (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2008).
Please contribute to this dynamic annotated bibliography by adding your own reviews, comments, and observations about this work in the comment form below.
Review by Margaret Garb in The Journal of American History 96 (2010): 1252-1253.
Table of Contents
List of Maps, Figures, and Tables
Introduction: Our House: The Twentieth Century at 4635 North Market Street
1. Local Politics, Local Power: Governing Greater St. Louis, 1940-2000
2. “The Steel Ring”: Race and Realty in Greater St. Louis
3. Patchwork Metropolis: Municipal Zoning in Greater St. Louis
4. Fighting Blight: Urban Renewal Policies and Programs, 1945-2000
5. City of Blight: The Limits of Urban Renewal in Greater St. Louis
Conclusion: Our House Revisited: The Twenty-First Century at 4635 North Market Street